What is the SAE UtilityAdvance Challenge™?
Through the SAE UtilityAdvance™ Challenge, universities will think critically about relevant emerging technology issues relevant to the commercial vehicle and logistics industry. Teams of university students will apply engineering and problem solving techniques to propose a solution to a timely and relevant issue in the commercial space. The teams will present their solution in various ways including a presentation to judges and a showcase booth on the floor at the SAE COMVEC conference.
The education objectives of SAE UtilityAdvance Challenge include participants demonstrating the ability to:
- Think critically about current and future emerging technology issues relevant to the commercial mobility industry
- Utilize and leverage cutting edge and breakthrough technology to solve complex issues
- Conceive and innovate a solution that meets the needs of the challenge mission within the prescribed timeframe
- Present and defend their solution to a panel of industry judges
- Communicate their solution on the showfloor at SAE COMVEC
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to solve a real world problem outside of the classroom
The SAE UtilityAdvance Challenge 2022 Mission
The 2022 mission and ruleset is being finalized and will be published within Series Resources soon. However, teams can expect the mission to be related to leveraging Blockchain to improve upon existing mechanisms and protocols employed by a corporation as they service the United States, Mexico, and Canada.
Download the 2022 Rules - coming soon!
Stay tuned to the news feed at www.saeutilityadvancechallenge.com/go/news for the announcement of the rules release coming soon.